Thursday, March 7, 2013

Poetry

So I was going through a pre-interview process for a firm and started describing the QA tooling I am building and its influence on the private widget UI set I am building for android.  The co-owner had described it as poetry.

Not that poetry is not a bad thing, its just my definition of poetry is different. While most teachers were trying to shove Frost down my throat I was getting into different poetry. Anything different from Gene Autry to Poe, etc.

Poetry to me is not scamming a float from customers such as Groupon does but something beautiful that is hidden and reveals itself as you experience it. Now something that empowers without scamming such as a tool for a specific social activity, that is something as a startup I can get into as far as making a joining as developer investment.

Its not that Google or Facebook are not good social platforms its that I want to be involved earlier say when the thing is at $280k in revenue less than 12 employees and hundreds of thousands end viewers. Its poetry because you are involved in part in creating that hidden beauty that gets revealed to the users of that platform.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,thank you for participating in the discussion by adding your comments.If this was bugged by the NSA you should have seen a little pop asking to relog back into your account.